Still working on things

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

MacroLens

Still working on things

Post by MacroLens »

I now own a small flash and I am about to head down to Dodds Camera and pick up a Rogue Flash Bender kit. In the meantime a flower I took a shot of a couple of weeks ago and got around to processing it today.

Deanimator

Post by Deanimator »

Out of curiosity:
  1. Where do you live?
  2. What do you think about the Dodds in your area?
  3. Do you see a lot of turnover in Dodd locations?
I live in NE Ohio and there are essentially only two sources for serious photographic equipment locally, the various Dodd locations and Pixel Connection out in Avon.

I find the Dodds highly variable. The only really serious one is their main store on Carnegie, although their new store in Avon is better than average.

Dodds here open and close so fast that I can't keep track. There was one in Middleburg Heights that closed so suddenly that when I looked up Dodd locations online a few weeks ago, it was still listed as open.

MacroLens

Post by MacroLens »

Deanimator wrote:Out of curiosity:
  1. Where do you live?
  2. What do you think about the Dodds in your area?
  3. Do you see a lot of turnover in Dodd locations?
I live in NE Ohio and there are essentially only two sources for serious photographic equipment locally, the various Dodd locations and Pixel Connection out in Avon.

I find the Dodds highly variable. The only really serious one is their main store on Carnegie, although their new store in Avon is better than average.

Dodds here open and close so fast that I can't keep track. There was one in Middleburg Heights that closed so suddenly that when I looked up Dodd locations online a few weeks ago, it was still listed as open.
I live in the Cincinnati area and go to the Dodds off East Galbraith Road. This store is well stocked with the exception of Pentax equipment. I bought my Manfrotto 410 Jr Geared head there and I am about to exchange a small flash bender kit for a large one. I like this location fine and they will price match Adorama and B&H. So it is nice to go get something on a weekend instead of ordering it before hand to have it on a weekend.

Plus I get to bring my camera in and see how things actually look and work on it. Which for me is a even bigger plus.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic