CombineZP is available again

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

johan

Post by johan »

oops, yes that could have been interesting
My extreme-macro.co.uk site, a learning site. Your comments and input there would be gratefully appreciated.

Deanimator

Post by Deanimator »

nucleobyte wrote:It seems to work quite well in the Wine environment under Linux. I downloaded and ran it under the current release of Wine for Fedora 26. The installer ran without error. On loading, the windows overlapped and needed moved around, but I was able to run an alignment and several stack methods and save the result without any errors.
I suspect that it would work similarly well in a virtual machine under Windows 10.

After I had already gotten it working, I discovered that my installed copy of Corel Draw X3 had stopped working. I strongly suspect that this was due to the "Creators Update" to Windows 10.

I couldn't make it work and got nothing but "Buy the latest version." from Corel. Eventually, I ended up installing Hyper-V and running it in a virtual machine. It in fact runs just like it did in the native 10 environment, only with a few mildly annoying intermediate steps necessary beforehand.

I'm pretty sure that CombineZP would do likewise for somebody on a 64bit system on which they can't run or install it.

Alan Wood

Post by Alan Wood »

I have no intention of switching from Zerene Stacker, but I installed CombineXP on a fully updated 64-bit Windows 10 with 8GB RAM.

I can't see any evidence that Alan Hadley has updated it - the newest file dates from 2010.

The installation took so long that I thought it had crashed, but it got there eventually.

I gave it a set of images, and it produced a decent stacked image.

I did not use a virtual machine, and I did not tell Windows to make it compatible with an earlier Windows version.

Alan Wood

johan

Post by johan »

I'm not aware of it having been updated either. There's a 'last' version, as in last version ever put out, that's the one I'm hosting.
My extreme-macro.co.uk site, a learning site. Your comments and input there would be gratefully appreciated.

nucleobyte

Post by nucleobyte »

johan wrote:I'm not aware of it having been updated either. There's a 'last' version, as in last version ever put out, that's the one I'm hosting.
This is my understanding as well, the sha256sum (ec88a0328b4dc0bc4d4a8e3923007bb567746c357f42908fabd0bdd05f26b3f2) is identical for the current CombineZP.msi file and one I downloaded in 2014.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic