www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Dual Arm Macro Flash Bracket?
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Dual Arm Macro Flash Bracket?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deanimator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Dual Arm Macro Flash Bracket? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there's an equivalent available in the U.S.? This is a "Walimex" product available apparently only in Europe and the Commonwealth:

Deanimator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the weekend, I ordered a Cowboy Studio flash shoe flash bracket, hoping to remove the flash show mount and attach it using the tripod socket on the camera.

Unfortunately, the cold shoe mount didn't unscrew, and when I removed the base, I found out that there wasn't even a 1/4"-20 hole. It probably wouldn't have been wide enough to work anyway. On the plus side, I ended up with a couple of serviceable short flash arms.

Last night, I ordered a wide, dual slot bracket to attach to the camera and a couple of Vello brackets. I should be able to assemble them into the equivalent of the Walimex product.
Deanimator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the parts today, and while it's slightly awkward, it's MUCH less awkward than the crappy generic bracket I've been using.

I think in the end, this is going to work out pretty well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: