InfiniProbe TS 160

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ghr

InfiniProbe TS 160

Post by Ghr »

Hi there
I'm looking at the Infinity TS 160 has anyone used it before.
Is it better than the Zeiss Tessovar? Which I use.
Regards Gavin

enricosavazzi

Re: InfiniProbe TS 160

Post by enricosavazzi »

Ghr wrote:Hi there
I'm looking at the Infinity TS 160 has anyone used it before.
Is it better than the Zeiss Tessovar? Which I use.
Regards Gavin
I don't have much to say about the InfiniProbe TS-160. I quickly went through their web site, but I don't see how they could get some of the pictures they published, other than with focus stacking, or by using a very narrow effective aperture and suffering a loss of resolution by diffraction that most users of this forum would regard as unacceptable. Ordinary refractive optics simply do not provide other ways to arbitrarily increase DOF. My impression is that it is primarily designed for relatively low resolution videocameras.

The Zeiss Tessovar is a legacy system capable of rather good image quality, within its design parameters. Its effective aperture is relatively slow compared with modern systems used for focus stacking, and its image resolution is moderately lower than other systems. On the other hand, it is easy and fast to use because of the zoom, four built-in add-on lenses in the revolving nosepiece, and convenient focuser. I also have one, and perhaps don't use it as much as I should.

I doubt you would get a much better DOF and image quality with the TS-160.
--ES

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic