The same issue. (solved)

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

So - the problem was light bouncing around inside the "studio"?

:?
Chris R

All Ex

Post by All Ex »

It was too tight space for the amount of light, the flashes produced.
All--Ex
My YouTube initial video

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

All Ex wrote:It was too tight space for the amount of light, the flashes produced.
For the future you might want to try Nikon SB-R200 wireless flash units. These have a much lower cost and are much more compact than the full size Nikon flash and they are pretty consistent with light output.

I use a single SB-R200 at 1/8th to 1/64th power for almost all of my studio work. One SB-R200 is almost always enough for plenty of light output.

All the best,

Robert

All Ex

Post by All Ex »

Thank you very much, Robert, for your suggestion. For the time being, I am not using the "dark box", at least when I'll begin again. You see I bought a new laptop and except from all my other problems all the USB`s on it are 3.0 and up, the stack shot is only working with USB`s 2.

Just now I`m working with the company`s support team to solve that issue.
All--Ex
My YouTube initial video

Grahame

Post by Grahame »

That's weird All Ex.

USB 3 is backwards compatible and will (should) work with any USB 2 device.
Same as a USB 3 device will work in any USB 2 port.

The pins on the plug haven't changed place, just 5 new pins on the back of the plug to handle the extra data speed if they mate with a USB 3 input socket.

Good on the stack shot tecs if they are helping you, I would be really surprised if it was their problem.

As a guess is there a setting in your bios for USB 3 devices that says "support legacy devices" or similar?

Is it ticked?

I'll be interested to see how you sort this one out.

All Ex

Post by All Ex »

Today I'm posting the controller to the US. I've already talked to the responsible for the inside modification.

It is just the time inconvenience of the journey.

:smt102
All--Ex
My YouTube initial video

Deanimator

Post by Deanimator »

Grahame wrote:That's weird All Ex.

USB 3 is backwards compatible and will (should) work with any USB 2 device.
Same as a USB 3 device will work in any USB 2 port.

The pins on the plug haven't changed place, just 5 new pins on the back of the plug to handle the extra data speed if they mate with a USB 3 input socket.

Good on the stack shot tecs if they are helping you, I would be really surprised if it was their problem.

As a guess is there a setting in your bios for USB 3 devices that says "support legacy devices" or similar?

Is it ticked?

I'll be interested to see how you sort this one out.
I work in IT. You would simply be astonished at what arbitrarily won't work with what, sometimes on apparently identical machines.

I've not infrequently had users call with printing issues that were resolved by moving the cable from a USB3 to a USB2 port. Failing that, replacing the cable often does the trick.

USB3 is "backward compatible"... except when it isn't. As often as not, such issues are created by M$ "knowing better" than the IEEE or whomever actually created a standard.

All Ex

Post by All Ex »

Unfortunately, from the company, they told me that until they have it in their hands they could not tell me if it`s going to work with my tablet. On the other side, the shipping with the taxing fees that will apply (as the postal company told me) will be about 180-200 euros.
I don`t know what to do.

#-o
All--Ex
My YouTube initial video

Dik

Post by Dik »

Try your Stackshot on a different computer to confirm that is OK. Then, GET A Mac!
Dik

All Ex

Post by All Ex »

The problem solved by sending the controller to the States.
it was an issue of its software, sometime during my struggle to make it work, I installed a false one.
:smt023
All--Ex
My YouTube initial video

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic