ADAPTERS for Nikon Microscope nosepiece

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

... just PLA, works fine. I didn't put a notch in the top like the factory Nikon nosepiece but I didn't see the need. It simply slides in and snugly too. Like I said I should of made it much shorter but it was just an idea is all. I was also considering looking for a RMS thread type bushing and simply affixing it to a shallow bore in a printed dovetail. Heck, the adapter from Rafael is obviously nicer and at a fair price and probably less expensive than doing all that. I never found a bushing but I didn't look that hard either. Just trying to think outside the box is all.

I also modeled and printed some modified fasteners for my Noga(s) to adapted my Fostec illuminator onto. Tried to keep the original Noga design intact and just modify the clips a bit. I could of put a fillet or chamfer on the edges but forgot to. I was thinking about making a mold and making them out of rubber like material since I've experimented with other non-micro accessories doing this. No particular reason, I just like wasting time time. Anyway, these seem to work fine and don't look to bad but then again, nothing like machining them out of aluminum. Since I have a 3D printer, I try and use it instead of machining something.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic