*FOUND* StackShot

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

BLCaya

*FOUND* StackShot

Post by BLCaya »

Looking to use with a new Canon MP-E 65mm. Please PM me with condition and price. Thanks!
Last edited by BLCaya on Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

BLCaya

Stackshot

Post by BLCaya »

Bumping this with the hope someone still has one for sale. :(

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Do you really need the extended model?

If your stack is more than a couple of inches deep then moving the camera or subject on a rail is probably not the best solution anyway, for the reasons explained at https://zerenesystems.com/cms/stacker/d ... versusrail .

In most cases, a better solution then the extended StackShot is to pair a regular length StackShot with some long coarse positioning system, like a 300mm Arca rail and a double-sided clamp to fasten the StackShot to that. The combo gives you more total range than the extended StackShot, at less cost, and with greater rigidity.

--Rik

BLCaya

Post by BLCaya »

Hi Rik -

Good point. No, I do not need the extended. Originally I wanted as much "flexibility" as possible but given the information you provided I will update the title if possible. A "regular" stackshot would work exactly as I hope.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and for sharing the link/information!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic