I'm back - and dealing with glaucoma

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

JW

I'm back - and dealing with glaucoma

Post by JW »

After a long absence, I have decided to get back in front of the camera and take some macro's, primarily of rare minerals, so look for some images over the next weeks and months!

For the past year I've been dealing with the progressively worsening condition of my right eye, which has deteriorated to the point that I can no longer close focus with the right eye, and everything has a decidedly cyan-tint as compared to the left - so heavy use of auto-color balance may be my future :)

But instead of moping, I am going to dust off the equipment, figure out what goes where again, and take some images. Prodding from my wife to "stop playing all of the freekin' games on the Kindle" kinda helped also :lol:

Be curious to see if any other contributors have issues with eyesight and ways around. Of course, focus-stacking is great, as you don't need to really focus sharply, just make a big enough stack and Zerene does the rest!

Jeff
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see - Henry David Thoreau

Sumguy01

Post by Sumguy01 »

:D Go for it Jeff.
Welcome back.

NicoVB

Post by NicoVB »

Hi, i also have an eye condition, and i'm in the process of removing my implanted lenses AND natural eye lenses with "Bag in Lens" technique.
This due my heavy myopic from a young age.
This process already takes 2 years now.

Hard to live with, but i try to stay positive
When you make the most fantastic discovery, a lot of people want a piece of it...

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Good to have you both - and glad there's some technology on your side!

(Autofocus is wonderful, though I feel I only need ONE focus point, not sixty!)
Chris R

JW

Post by JW »

Thanks for the encouragement. With focus stacking, who needs autofocus? :D I still stack by hand using a micrometer stage, and lately been having issues identifying the start and stopping point for stacks - so I usually stack about 2x more images than needed, then delete the extras before processing.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see - Henry David Thoreau

johan

Post by johan »

I'm at the age where my eyes have lost their close focus so I need to wear glasses now. On top of that I'm now also a diabetic with 'macular degeneration'. Neither is helpful with photography but I can still manage it. Although accurate focusing is getting harder and harder - glasses are a major annoyance.
My extreme-macro.co.uk site, a learning site. Your comments and input there would be gratefully appreciated.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic