Cable Management suggestions

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Searust

Cable Management suggestions

Post by Searust »

HELP--- I have a Stackshot, three flashes, three LED lights, A CamRanger and associated hub, as well as a StopShot and all of its cables, external camera triggers, and battery chargers. Because of this, I have a huge rats nest of black cables on my desk, under the desk, beside the desk, and reaching well out into the hallway. I am being buried under cables.

Does anyone have tips and or suggestions on getting cables under control? I want to label everything, is there something I need to buy to make this work? Please post tips and pictures of best practices.

boomblurt

Post by boomblurt »

I hear ya ! This is a real problem, especially if space is at a premium.

There's a small gap between my desk and the wall and I shove all the cables (the excess lengths) down the gap and they magically disappear, but there has to be a better way.
Geoff

johan

Post by johan »

I can relate to this as someone in the middle of moving their photography junk and study to a dedicated room (finally!!). I'm attaching a cable basket under my desk, and labelling each end of the cable with a little self adhesive coloured sticker. That said I do like a couple of extension leads sitting on my desk just because it's easier to plug in and out without reaching below all the time. I'll probably hide those in wooden surrounds eventually to hide the clutter.
My extreme-macro.co.uk site, a learning site. Your comments and input there would be gratefully appreciated.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic