Beginner macro photographer needs help

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ahmed Alsai

Beginner macro photographer needs help

Post by Ahmed Alsai »

Dear,

First of all, thank you forum administrator for acting my account.
Second, Im a photographer I have been a photographer since four years, mostly portraits and recently I have been interested in micro photography.
My questions may seem how should I say it, stupid? so please bear with me as I am clueless atm.
I have nikkor 105mm 2.8G I understand that it is a micro lens but I wanna achieve more than 1:! and I don't know what I need in order to do so.
I also have Tubes kit, Kenko, 3 sets, 12, 20 and 32, now I have read online that it useless to use tubes with this lens because it needs 75mm and use a replacement a TC 2.x, now, I want more miginatic and not length, I hope I am right, I haven't really tried. So now, what I need to know can I get more close up pics using this lens if yes what exactly do I need, if not what lens should I get and the gear.
Also, what do you guys think of sigma 150mm and/or Nikkor 200mm F4

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

This question was originally posted in FAQs. I have moved it here, to Beginners Macro, because I think that's a more appropriate place for the question as posed.

However, the question was also a duplicate, copying one that appears in Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions as "Looking to start micro and need help", at http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... hp?t=30525.

I have answered the question there so I'm locking this thread to avoid duplicated or fragmented discussion. Please use the other thread as appropriate. Thanks!

--Rik

Locked Previous topicNext topic