Camera for AO spencer series 15

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Cactusdave

Post by Cactusdave »

A 28-27mm step down ring is available. This might well work with your Lomo eyepiece to give you a standard 28mm male thread. If you don't mind a permanent fix a slightly loose fitting step ring can always be carefully glued.
Leitz Ortholux 1, Zeiss standard, Nikon Diaphot inverted, Canon photographic gear

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

I haven't used these kind of adapters afocally, but they can be used for sure if the 25mm eyepiece holding tube is long enough to slide down the adapter to put the eyepiece very close to the camera lens (I have one but I butchered it to mount a JML 21mm, and I don't own the adapter for the camera lens filter thread, and as you know I don't need it)

Dave, this is very nice afocal solution, in special if you use Leitz objectives (but Periplan eyepieces work quite well with Zeiss)
Last edited by Pau on Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pau

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Cactusdave wrote:A 28-27mm step down ring is available. This might well work with your Lomo eyepiece to give you a standard 28mm male thread. If you don't mind a permanent fix a slightly loose fitting step ring can always be carefully glued.
For not permanent mounting I've found the Teflon plumber's tape very convenient
Pau

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

Thank you Dave and Pau.
I will buy a 28-27 step down ring and give it a try. Do not want to glue or tape, as my current adapter works and I am just looking for something better.
Selling my Canon FD 200mm F/2.8 lens

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic