www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - small yellow fly panorama-stereo
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
small yellow fly panorama-stereo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BugEZ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject: small yellow fly panorama-stereo Reply with quote

This is an interesting image. It is formed from panoramas of two stacks.

Processed with ZS Pmax, I used my 10X OLY, 200mm Pentax tube lens, Pentax K5.

I stacked the body and wing with similar settings (step size and depth) When I processed the body and wing stacks, I kept the same number of images in each stack and used the same stereo settings in Zerene to make sure the "rotation" produced in the stereo images was very similar. Thus there were more slices in the wing portion of the photo than was needed to sweep the focal plane through the wings. I then used Photoshop to create the panoramas and it did a good job. The final stereo combination of the left and right panoramas was done with StereoPhoto Maker.

It can also be viewed in full resolution on Flickr below...

stereo by Keith Short, on Flickr

Keith
Carmen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful!

it appears luminous -is this due to lighting?
BugEZ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carmen wrote:
Quote:
It appears luminous, Is this due to lighting?

I use a black background to avoid influencing the wing's colors with a colored background. A green/yellow/purple background would show through the wings and influence the color. The light comes from the side.

A diagram of the lighting scheme is shown below. A search of the fourm for "bucket light" will produce some discussion on my LED lighting. The bucket light has proven to be quite versatile and I have not felt compelled to change it after several years...

I think the wrap around diffuse light with black background produce the "luminous" effect. I find it pleasing. I have made many wing photos with this same arrangement.

Thanks for your kind remarks.

Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: