Paper Wasp - Experimenting with DCON 90

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

bobfriedman

Paper Wasp - Experimenting with DCON 90

Post by bobfriedman »

now that it is getting to closer to fall, i have to find a way to re-hrydrate my small collection of bugs from the summer.. DCON 90 comes recommended.. i am sure I can get better eyes than the sample below but the stuff is really powerful so i am careful to limit exposure and use very diluted amounts..

Nikon D800E ,Schneider APO-Componon HM 45mm f/4
150 stack iso100 at 3.4x Mag

BugEZ

Post by BugEZ »

How long did you soak it? Recipe? It looks very clean.
Keith

bobfriedman

Post by bobfriedman »

BugEZ wrote:How long did you soak it? Recipe? It looks very clean.
Keith
i diluted the solution of water with 10% DCON 90.. then let it soak for 15 minutes..

i have read that times like two hours can be used.. but i have also destroyed bugs with this stuff as well in the past.

i need to find the right way to do this.

Dalantech

Post by Dalantech »

Wonderful light and detail Bob!

Why let the background go black? I'd think that a complimentary color in the background might make the shot "pop" even more, and it you (or a publisher) wanted to print it it wouldn't need as much ink.

bobfriedman

Post by bobfriedman »

Dalantech wrote:Wonderful light and detail Bob!

Why let the background go black? I'd think that a complimentary color in the background might make the shot "pop" even more, and it you (or a publisher) wanted to print it it wouldn't need as much ink.
thank you, but unless it would be a white BG... it will reflect the color on to the subject.. thx.

Dalantech

Post by Dalantech »

bobfriedman wrote:
Dalantech wrote:Wonderful light and detail Bob!

thank you, but unless it would be a white BG... it will reflect the color on to the subject.. thx.
That is a concern.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic