www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Raynox as tube lens, distance from sensor confusion
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Raynox as tube lens, distance from sensor confusion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koorosh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject: Raynox as tube lens, distance from sensor confusion Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I am just slightly confused where I should be distancing my Raynox DCR 150 from the sensor. Am I measuring from the front of the lens, the back of the lens, or from the front of the objective in front of it? Is it 208mm from the front of the Raynox that is the optimal distance from the sensor?
I haven't measured absolutely exactly and roughly guessed the distance from the front of the camera to the sensor (Sony a6000) , then literally measured the front of the Raynox to the sensor at 208mm with a ruler against the bellows and camera. I find myself quite disappointed by the corner sharpness really, and am wondering if that's the objective or the distance that might be the issue. It's a brand new lens, although I am aware there can be good examples and bad examples of the same model.
ChrisR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Am I measuring from the front of the lens, the back of the lens, or from the front of the objective in front of it?
No. Smile Probably none of those, as it's a compound lens.
The Raynox lens should be focused at infinity, so remove the objective and focus on something distant. Tha last thing I used was venus, but it's not that critical!

What's the objective you're using? Are all four corners the same more or less?
Koorosh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha ok, well I took your advice and I was out by quite a bit for infinity focus, thanks Chris Smile I'm using the Nikon BE objectives, 10 and 4x.
Can I ask what a compound lens is?
ChrisR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compound Lens Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: