Any reviews on China scope 10X/20X objectives ??

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

gaconsooner

Any reviews on China scope 10X/20X objectives ??

Post by gaconsooner »

Hi macro folks,

I have been investing more into my macro gear and feeling so happy with my current setup and objectives.

Recently, I purchased a super cheap 4X China scope on Ebay and the image result is incredible compared to the price (~$15). I want to test more on the 10X and 20X objectives but the shipping is kinda an obstacle cuz I live in Vietnam

Therefore, I would like to ask our community about reviews/ feedbacks on those 10X and 20X

Thanks

harisA

Post by harisA »

Several years ago I bought the following 4x finite objective (think it is ''type b'' 4x according to your image)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Compound-Micro ... 4aa54df60f

It is of decent quality but for sure is inferior to Nikon 4x/0.10 e-plan infinity entry level objective.

Afterwards I bought the 10x ''type b'' which was rather disappointing comparing again with Nikon e-plan 10x infinity. I used it only one time and after some years I gave it to a colleague as gift.

gaconsooner

Post by gaconsooner »

harisA wrote:Several years ago I bought the following 4x finite objective (think it is ''type b'' 4x according to your image)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Compound-Micro ... 4aa54df60f

It is of decent quality but for sure is inferior to Nikon 4x/0.10 e-plan infinity entry level objective.

Afterwards I bought the 10x ''type b'' which was rather disappointing comparing again with Nikon e-plan 10x infinity. I used it only one time and after some years I gave it to a colleague as gift.
I guess I should invest a little more on the CFI 10X infinity which is said to be "wickedly" sharp
Well, prices goes with quality !!!

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Quality aside, if you want it for macro of tridimensional subjects beware that the working distance even for the 10X is very small, so of little utility outside the microscope typical use
Pau

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic