Olympus OM-D Em5 Mark II: High resolution shot mode

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

johan

Post by johan »

Jean-Marc, beautiful image, the "family of angles" is superb! Charles, I couldn't agree more about how modern technology makes things so accessible, zooming in is fun. Reminds me of a gigapan I once had fun doing, badly!

But more importantly! Thrilled to see this pixel shift Pentax K3 II referenced here when I searched for it (hence responding to an old thread). Pentax UK notified me I'm their latest "Brand Ambassador" today... and are err giving me one. :oops: Can't wait to do some work with this!!!

-Johan
My extreme-macro.co.uk site, a learning site. Your comments and input there would be gratefully appreciated.

g4lab

Post by g4lab »

I have been very tempted by the Olympus OM-D M5 Mk II in a way that has not occured in a long time. I have actually been thinking about getting my wallet out and buying one although it was a little bit higher priced than I was hoping to buy a decent camera for.

This evening I was surfing about it and discovered that suddenly the "Street Price" of this camera has increased from $899 to $1099. Smells like price fixing to me. THe reviews are pretty good so maybe Oly is putting some pressure on their dealers.

Anyone seen anything like this before??

pierre

Olympus OM-D Em5 Mark II: High resolution shot mode

Post by pierre »

Maybe this is a commercial strategy.
Given a normal price of 914,55 €. but it is still sold at 868,82 € (priceminister) in France since this is a "soldes" period there.

Will have you some discount period soon ?
Regards

Pierre

JL

Post by JL »

I am currently looking into both camera models mentioned in the post (the Olympus OM-D M5 II and the Pentax K 3 II). I have downloaded the user’s manuals in order to gather information regarding their settings and functionalities, being the most interesting for our purposes the so called pixel shift function.

The pictures posted by Jean-Marc in the Mindat web site are quite impressive, and talks very well regarding the Olympus camera. In the M5 II user manual it is clearly stated that the electronic shutter can be enable at will, even mentioning the usefulness of such function while attaching the camera to microscopes or telescopes.

On the other hand, the K3 II user manual just mention that the pixel shift function make use of the electronic shutter. However, there are no indications regarding its use under circumstances other than the pixel shift, nor are there any mention to a silent shutter function, or something similar that could suggest a shutting mode using EFCS, as some Canon cameras do.

I wonder if someone in the forum (Johan maybe) has managed to use the Pentax K3 II and can share his/hers experiences with the rest of us.

Jose Luis.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic