www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - I'm back - and dealing with glaucoma
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I'm back - and dealing with glaucoma

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JW

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: I'm back - and dealing with glaucoma Reply with quote

After a long absence, I have decided to get back in front of the camera and take some macro's, primarily of rare minerals, so look for some images over the next weeks and months!

For the past year I've been dealing with the progressively worsening condition of my right eye, which has deteriorated to the point that I can no longer close focus with the right eye, and everything has a decidedly cyan-tint as compared to the left - so heavy use of auto-color balance may be my future Smile

But instead of moping, I am going to dust off the equipment, figure out what goes where again, and take some images. Prodding from my wife to "stop playing all of the freekin' games on the Kindle" kinda helped also Laughing

Be curious to see if any other contributors have issues with eyesight and ways around. Of course, focus-stacking is great, as you don't need to really focus sharply, just make a big enough stack and Zerene does the rest!

Jeff
Sumguy01

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Go for it Jeff.
Welcome back.
NicoVB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i also have an eye condition, and i'm in the process of removing my implanted lenses AND natural eye lenses with "Bag in Lens" technique.
This due my heavy myopic from a young age.
This process already takes 2 years now.

Hard to live with, but i try to stay positive
ChrisR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to have you both - and glad there's some technology on your side!

(Autofocus is wonderful, though I feel I only need ONE focus point, not sixty!)
JW

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the encouragement. With focus stacking, who needs autofocus? Very Happy I still stack by hand using a micrometer stage, and lately been having issues identifying the start and stopping point for stacks - so I usually stack about 2x more images than needed, then delete the extras before processing.
johan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at the age where my eyes have lost their close focus so I need to wear glasses now. On top of that I'm now also a diabetic with 'macular degeneration'. Neither is helpful with photography but I can still manage it. Although accurate focusing is getting harder and harder - glasses are a major annoyance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: