Uebelmannia

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

DaveW

Uebelmannia

Post by DaveW »

Uebelmannia pectinifera and yes the body really is that chocolate colour in full sun!

DaveW

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Very nice picture Dave. Had to go do a little google searching to find out a little more on this one. They are pretty neat looking specimens :wink: Oh, and nice to meet you Dave (extending hand out to your new avatar :D )
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Bruce Williams

Post by Bruce Williams »

One of my absolute favourite species. I remember the excitement when they first became available as collected plants. I still have my U. pectinifera - it survived because I always overwintered it in the conservatory. It's more green bodied than your plant - although I do prefer the purple bodied form - it looks more exotic somehow. My plant has never flowered in 25 years (mostly through neglect I expect) but I'm gonna make a real effort with my cacti this year so who knows.

Your photo nicely captures the dark, orange peel skin and the beautiful comb like spination peeping out from the white areole wool - everything that makes U. pectinifera so desirable.

It's an interesting abstract too.

Bruce
Last edited by Bruce Williams on Thu May 24, 2007 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cactuspic

Post by cactuspic »

Great plant, well captured Dave. Wonderful shot. Is that white fly in the lower center?

Irwin

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

With me it ought to be a mealy bug! I think it is just a bit of dust I did not notice until I posted it, or I would have spotted it out.

DaveW

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic