Trinocular head for BH-2 microscope

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Marek Mis

Trinocular head for BH-2 microscope

Post by Marek Mis »

Hello everybody,

I am going to buy the trinocular head for my "new" Olympus BH-2 microscope. I would prefer to buy the regular trinocular head instead the SW one, becasuse of its low price and much cheaper eyepieces. I use for photomicrography NFK 2,5X eyepiece. I am wonder is there any difference in image size formed in the camera when I'd use the regular head or SW one ? I think there is not any difference but I need some confirmation to decide, what to buy - the regular trinocular head or SW one.
And how do you think, what prices for both of these heads are the most resonable ?
I will be very grateful for the information.

Marek

NikonUser

Post by NikonUser »

For photography I believe the image from the objective by-passes the eyepieces and goes directly to the NFK, if this is true then the size of the actual trinocular head is irrelevant.
On a side note I do recommend a full-frame (36 mm sensor) camera for use with a NFK 2.5. With a smaller sensor you will lose a lot of the image in the photograph.
NU.
student of entomology
Quote – Holmes on ‘Entomology’
” I suppose you are an entomologist ? “
” Not quite so ambitious as that, sir. I should like to put my eyes on the individual entitled to that name.
No man can be truly called an entomologist,
sir; the subject is too vast for any single human intelligence to grasp.”
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr
The Poet at the Breakfast Table.

Nikon camera, lenses and objectives
Olympus microscope and objectives

Marek Mis

Post by Marek Mis »

Yhank you NikonUser

Marek

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic