www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Though Easter is past...
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Though Easter is past...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Though Easter is past... Reply with quote

Walking around out back of the house with camera in hand and hoping to run across something worthwhile for a macro, I just happened to stumble across this adorable little creature. No more than six inches at the most, while at rest, it was so scared to move that it afforded me the chance to capture these two images. As a matter of fact, it was so scared to move that I was within inches of this little rabbit while taking the second image. Very Happy

Baby Rabbit
EOS 20D
Manual mode/hand held
1/250 sec. @ f/5.6 ISO 400
Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 macro
Daylight, overcast afternoon
Mike B in OKlahoma

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a cute little guy! I especially like the head-on shot.

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that head-on shot I really liked. I was surprised it turned out so well. Thanks Mike Very Happy
beetleman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a beautiful little creature Ken....excellent photo. Cute..Cute..Cute
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope the little thing survives the wild. Cats, of which there are one or two around here, are notorious for catching and killing rabbits, especially small ones like this and not to mention dogs of which there are several around here where I live. So, with any luck this little rabbit hopped on off in to the brush where it may hopefully be concealed and grow to be an adult Cottontail. I almost stepped on it, it was so small Laughing The thought crossed my mind to maybe keep it but like any wild creature, it should be left alone and I did not relish the thought of having to get rabies shots should it have bitten me. Shocked It would have fit nicely in my vest pocket. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: