Are the old forums gone?

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

rjlittlefield wrote:Most of this can get sorted out, but it'll take a few days. Stay tuned...
Repairs are underway and look quite promising, but they're only half done.

Basically, we have fixed up the old forum to use the current numeric url ("http://67.15.179.25:80/~photomac") instead of
"http://www.photomacrography.net" .

We have also registered a new domain name "photomacrography1.net" and pointed it to the same place that "photomacrography.net" used to go. It's not working yet, but should be in a couple of days.

The plan is that when the new name is working OK, we will fix up both the old and new forums and all other files that we control, to use "photomacrography1.net". That way all of our internal links will be consistent, including for example posts in the new forum that cross-link to posts in the old forum.

Sorry, but other people will have to fix up their own links offsite. Archived links, such as old emails, will just stay broken until/unless we can get the old name "photomacrography.net" wrested back from control of the miscreant registrars at registerfly. IMO, that's not likely to happen anytime soon but we can always hope.

Thought you'd like to know. :D

--Rik

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Thanks for dealing with what is surely a major PITA on our behalf. There is some worthy stuff in those old forums, and it will sure be nice to still have access to it!
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic