www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Dogwood Bloom with a Thrip
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Dogwood Bloom with a Thrip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Photography Through the Microscope
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Dogwood Bloom with a Thrip Reply with quote

It is a rainy day here in Western North Carolina and would you not know, I have the day off. So trying to make the most of the day, I snatched a frost bitten bloom from the dogwood in my front yard and put it beneath the objectives of the Meiji stereomicroscope just for a look. Very Happy

If you look closely towards the top and just off center to the left, you might notice a small Thrip, I believe, giving me a hateful look as I scanned the bloom using the microscope. I suppose the bright light of the illuminator and the 50W halogen flood light did not agree with it. As my grandmother used to say, "Don't give me that hateful look, I'll smack that look right off that face." She would too! Shocked

Here in the last image is a better look at the hateful little thing. Not much detail to be seen since I can only digicam my images or what is known as eyepiece shooting. For those of you who may not have a wide screen monitor, these are as you can see 640 pixel images, so you don't have to scroll the page. I rather like using this format since I keep a digital journal and the images fit better on the pages. These are a bit grainy, I just noticed, because I shot them in the Auto Mode of the camera, a Sony DSC-W5 and the ISO is at 200. Normally I shoot in the Program Mode and the ISO is set at 100, I need to remember that I guess Think
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cute little guy! I saw him right off in the first image, but I still haven't found 'im in that second one. Confused

By the way, it's "thrips" even in the singular, as in "one thrips, two thrips". Kinda like sheep or fish, but in reverse.

--Rik
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, it is not in the second one there Rik, just an extra image. It's been a very long day Laughing Thanks Rik Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Photography Through the Microscope All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: