steps in my stackshot

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

soldevilla

steps in my stackshot

Post by soldevilla »

When I photograph a high magnification My stackShot I configure the movement in steps, but my unit moves from 1 step to 6 steps, and follow in steps of 5 steps. This is normal? It would be good to use 3 or 4 steps ...

Why?because 6 steps is too much for the next image, (ball aprox. 0,25mm) but the next possibiliy have 6 time more exposures for tha same DOF.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

I suggest to contact Cognisys about how to do a firmware upgrade. Newer firmware allows any number of steps and also provides High Precision mode, which you need to work well with the small movements you want.

You have old firmware that only allows to program 1+5N steps. This can be worked around using the trick of "creative misinterpretation" described HERE in Fine focusing a microscope using StackShot. But you will not like the result because your unit does not provide High Precision mode, so its operating curve looks like the big stairsteps shown on the left side of the graph at "What does StackShot "High Precision" mean?". New firmware is the solution to your problem.

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic