Sandate nr Storrington, W. Sussex, UK

Do you have a favorite location you like to photograph or collect specimens? Share these locations with your fellow members by submitting each location as a topic.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

gpmatthews

Sandate nr Storrington, W. Sussex, UK

Post by gpmatthews »

This is Sandgate, an old sand/gravel working that is tucked in amongst housing and whic was, I think resifdentail itself at one time as there are remnants of an ornamental garden. The area is being returned to Heathland and the ponds are acidic in nature, offering rather different habitat to the other ponds I usually frequent which are more alkaline in nature. Unfortunately, the degree of compression I had to use to get these within the permitted file sizes renders some of the pictures rather granular in texture. The lone figure is Neil, one of our local wildlife enthusiasts.

The final image shows a pond where I took some samples, pictures available under the Microscope Images gallery at http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... php?t=2210.
Graham

Though we lean upon the same balustrade, the colours of the mountain are different.

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

The little stone bridge looks like it has been there awhile!

In Europe, you have so many manmade things that seem to be better integrated into the environment than we have in North America. Or maybe I'm just glamorizing what is foreign, but I don't think so!

Looks like a lovely place!
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

MikeB wrote:
In Europe, you have so many manmade things that seem to be better integrated into the environment than we have in North America.
I noticed that also Mike when I was visiting England. Most everything seems to be tailored to the environment in which it is found. Quite a good idea really and nothing seems to be obtrusive. That has been tried in many places here in North Carolina with some very good results. It makes a walk through nature with a few man made conveniences more pleasant and less distracting. Good photographs of the area there Graham, you seem to have a wealth of area for study nearby. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic