It's Almost Time...

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ken Ramos

It's Almost Time...

Post by Ken Ramos »

That's right :wink: Soon our friends the "spores" will be germinating and the forest floor will be seething with protoplasmic activity as the PLASMODIAL SLIME M :shock: ULDS come to life! Yes soon they will be creeping up your bed posts in the "dead" of night and covering your lawn in the wee morning hours. Claw marks on the back door from the futile attempts of the family cat to gain entry are all that remain, as a rather large and furry lump of protoplasm slithers down the sewer drain by the curb (burp! :roll: ).

Hemitrichia calyculata, fruiting bodies of the myxomycota
Meiji EMZ-13TR/Sony DSC-W5

Oh and yes lets not forget the spores of Cordyceps :D Say is that a new ponytail your...uh...ahem..."hosting?" :D

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Very nice pictures Ken, great color and detail...I remember seeing the movie "The Blob" when it first came out in the movies. It was pretty scary, Especially the part where the first guy gets it on his arm :shock: You never know when something is going to MUTATE......
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Gerd

Post by Gerd »

Ken, i love your pictures of those manifold Myxomycota !
Great colours, wonderful !

Gerd

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Thanks Gerd and Doug. :D Yes I am gearing up for the onset of the myxomycota. The temperatures are warming nicely and everything is starting to bloom and bud out. Though night time temperatures are still low and quite chilly, there should be some fruitings beginning quite soon if not already. :D

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Gee...nothing fruiting or budding up here...waiting for the snow and sleet for tonight :cry:
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic