www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - NEW LENSES
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW LENSES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonyalpha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: NEW LENSES Reply with quote

Dear all,

Yesterday I had my second cataract removed, this now means that I have completely ...New Lenses....in both eyes

I am pleased to report that my eye surgery went exceedingly well, not exactly comfortable because of less anaesthetic ......but this morning, I just can't believe the difference.

Many of you know what it is like to be chronically short sighted and without specs?....All that squinting and struggling to see anything over six feet away.

Well......for me, that is in the past, the new lenses are an instant cure for chronic short sight...... this morning, even before the affects of the anaesthetic and dilatory drops have worn off my distance and mid distance vision......Without Specs.....is almost perfect, I can see individual leaves on the trees and planes high in the sky....the things I needed my specs for since I was nine years old.....I even required assistance to cross the road if I broke or lost them.

There is a bit of a trade off though......the new lenses make you long sighted ( normal old person mode ....Currently.... I can't anything see very well close to, so reading and using my iPad, cameras and reading is impossible without magnifying reading glasses. Currently I am using a temporary pair purchased from Waitrose, these will have to do for the next four to six weeks when I can be prescribed variofocals that allow me to see perfectly across the range. What is particulately noticeable is the absence of the dull yellowy cataract film, that has been replaced by startlingly bright light and colours....a completely new world.

This morning my eye feels normal, except for a little tenderness, lots of redness and a little weeping; after the hospital ring up to check on my progress I will venture out for a short walk.

To anyone about to experience cataract surgery, worry not...it can be a fascinating experience, a little discomfort here and there...yes! ( far less than a visit to the dentist) Mainly it involves looking into a very bright light ( nurse holding your hand) whilst the surgeon, looking through a binocular microscope does his stuff, and then, 15 to 20 minutes later it is all over and you have a cuppa and biscuit as a nurse explains post operative care, that includes antibiotic drops.

My new eyes will take some getting used to, but I can't fault our excellent NHS because, during the past two years they have restored both my vision and hearing to perfection.

I'm not sure when I will be using my cameras properly again, but be assured it will be as soon as I can focus on what is in the viewfinder.

Sonyalpha

Fairly new to photography........keen to learn:
shrek

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good new for you Very Happy

jp
Pau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats SA,
all us apreciate new high quality optics Laughing Wink
conkar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you will have a good recovery Cyril and get back to us with new interesting pictures.

Good Luck!

Regards,
Conny
CaptainFwiffo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds weird, but I know a fair number of people who've had cataract surgery, and they all rave about it.

Enjoy your new peepers!
ChrisR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My word, the things some people will do just get to hold a nurse's hand!

Hope you recover fully very soon!
Harold Gough

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so pleased for you.

That's cheered me up, in case I have to go for surgery in due course. I have managed to moderate mine with eyedrops containing N-Acetyl L-Carnosine, together with lots of anti-oxidants in my diet. I can still see some of the yellow cut out of sunlit grass, etc but I have to look carefully for it.

I strongly recommend varifocals.

Harold
MiniD3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Hi there! Reply with quote

I wish you all the best, wife had hers done a few months ago,
Hope you got the image stabilization option Wink
Regards,
Gary
DQE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news!

Essentially everyone I've known who received cataract surgery has had great results. I gather that in recent years the techniques and materials have improved dramatically, with very favorable results for patients.

"Diffraction never sleeps"
pierre

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the road again Cool

Pierre
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: