10 JML 21mm f/3.5 to exchange Mitutoyo M Plan 10X APO

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Acon

10 JML 21mm f/3.5 to exchange Mitutoyo M Plan 10X APO

Post by Acon »

I got 10 JML 21mm f/3.5 finite objectives today (see http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... hp?t=17572) and I want to use one of them to exchange the Mitutoyo M Plan 10X APO infinite objective, is it possible?

My JML is in Taiwan, please reply to me your lens's condition and location and in what way you prefer to deal with. Thank you.

canonian

Post by canonian »

Price , performance and quality wise they can not be compared.
I faintly remember that Surplus Lens once sold the 10 JML 21mm f/3.5 for $10. ...Not sure...maybe I could mistaken this for the equally shaped morfa lens.

But maybe one of the members is willing to trade.

Craig Gerard

Post by Craig Gerard »

The seller of the original batch of 110 JML 21/3.5 lenses was a company called Alltronics.

http://www.alltronics.com/cgi-bin/categ ... 32&start=9

The Mitutoyo 10X M Plan Apo sells 'used' for approximately USD $500 to $600. The JML 21/3.5 falls well short of this price bracket...even on a very good day; plus a custom mount is required for the JML 21/3.5.

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

Acon

Post by Acon »

I know the JML 21mm f/3.5 is only $10 couple years ago, but it's price seems to be very high since its quality and unavailability now. Saw some posts here to said it's list price is $400 now.

I asked the store where I bought it to make an special adapter to mount the JML 21mm with 42mm male thread on the end, if they successfully make the adapters we needed, I think the high price and exchangeability are acceptable.

johan

Post by johan »

Let me just see if I've got this straight?

You registered here about a week ago asking for advice and help from the community. You then find some JMLs for what was it, $50 or something in your initial post, and now you propose to sell them onto the community at a markup of 1000%?
My extreme-macro.co.uk site, a learning site. Your comments and input there would be gratefully appreciated.

canonian

Post by canonian »

johan wrote:Let me just see if I've got this straight?

You registered here about a week ago asking for advice and help from the community. You then find some JMLs for what was it, $50 or something in your initial post, and now you propose to sell them onto the community at a markup of 1000%?
I'm also a bit surprised the way both posts are heading...

johan

Post by johan »

rjlittlefield wrote:This forum is restricted to personal equipment only, no dealers, no profit-making ventures.

If you're trying to sell something for more than you paid, that's a for-profit transaction. Those need to be advertised somewhere else, not here.

Thanks!

--Rik
http://photomacrography.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9041
My extreme-macro.co.uk site, a learning site. Your comments and input there would be gratefully appreciated.

Acon

Post by Acon »

I don't know what to said to you two guys...Yesterday I called that second-handed store to ask if they have Nikon CFI60 Plan 10X N 0.25 and they said they have one (in the store I saw two and bought one of them), I was happy since I have a 70-200mm f/2.8 to play as a tube lens. I said in passing that if you have JML 21mm f/3.5, that's how I got them. I don't know why my post is heading, I'm not the administrator ok?

I received my StackShot rail today with very happy mood until I saw you 2 guys keep picking on me.

OK I decide to find my own Mitutoyo lens, forget this thread!!

canonian

Post by canonian »

Acon wrote:I know the JML 21mm f/3.5 is only $10 couple years ago...
Acon wrote:you 2 guys keep picking on me....OK I decide to find my own Mitutoyo lens, forget this thread!!
Please let's handle this matter as gentlemen's, we're not 'picking' but merely raising some questions.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

For what it's worth, please note my comments at http://photomacrography.net/forum/viewt ... 077#112077.

Thanks!

--Rik (Admin)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic