Item sold

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

g4lab

Item sold

Post by g4lab »

I have available the optics tube removed from a Leitz Zoom OrthomatW.
The optics are clean. It fits into the 38mm optics port of Leitz , Wild and some Nikon scopes. Its a 2 or 2.5 to one zoom lens.

http://websites.labx.com/rankin/pics/5812.JPG

http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/u ... atW2_1.jpg

It is a subset of the piece in the above illustrations. It has been carefully removed from the squarish housing. It has a slide out prism to send light to the ( not present or included) photomultiplier exposure meter. I think it also has an electronically operate shutter that one might want to either wire up or remove. I have not attempted to open it. It is a mainly cylindrical barrel.

One would need to make a spacer of about 27mm height and place ones DSLR there.

It was designed to throw a full frame 35mm image so it should work fine with most DSLRs. There is a flange that removes with four screws that could hold the spacer/adapter.

I would like to have $90 for the trouble of having removed it carefully and preserving it and shipping it etc. It came with an Ortholux microscope which has been sold and the Orthmat W was discarded.

If anyone is interested send me a private message.

Gene
Last edited by g4lab on Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cactusdave

Post by Cactusdave »

If this unit contains the zoom eyepiece referred to in this thread, and I guess it does, then it is very useful for coupling a camera to the 38mm photoport on Leitz 160mm microscopes. See within the thread for more details. http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... z+orthomat
Leitz Ortholux 1, Zeiss standard, Nikon Diaphot inverted, Canon photographic gear

g4lab

Post by g4lab »

It has the projection optics. which are fixed , not separate oculars.
The piece is the same as illustrated in the above referenced thread with the side cover off.
Completely removed from the hammermill grey painted housing. Around three inches outside diameter and nine or ten inches long. I measured 27 mm from the top glass to the film plane of the changeable in mid roll film cassettes. (they had dark slides)

The magnification scale has labels from 6.3x to 10x.

One would need to come up with a power supply to open the electromagnetic shutter or remove same. Possibly remove the beam splitting arrangement left over from the photomultiplier exposure meter (what a tragedy! Maybe the most sensitive exposure meter ever made. Intended to measure exposure in fluorescence microscopy where you don't get much visible light back and it did so well. In the seventies I worked with one of these and though we did use the exposure bracketing switch it did do a terrific job. )
But even as it is the beam splitter gets out of the way.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic