SOLD Voigtlander Macro APO Lanthar 125mm f/2.5 SL (OM Mount)

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Tesselator

SOLD Voigtlander Macro APO Lanthar 125mm f/2.5 SL (OM Mount)

Post by Tesselator »

This sold about 10 days ago and I forgot to update this thread until someone here offered to buy it. I wish I had 2 of them! Killer-ultimate lens! Worth double this price in my opinion.

Thanks for all comments and PMs guys! Some folks here are very nice!

Voigtlander Macro APO Lanthar 125mm f/2.5 SL (OM Mount)

Price: $2,300.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 10 Preowned equipment, but appears as new
Shipping instructions: add $25 for shipping - you pay PayPal fees or send as gift.

I purchased it new a few days ago for the same and will be using it of course until it's sold - so please take your time! Needless to say the lens is and will be in like new condition on delivery.

This is the ultimate in Long Working Distance (LWD) macro lenses and additionally produces images out to infinity which are simply unmatched in terms of clarity, sharpness, and color. As an apochromatic design the lens produces virtually no CA at all. In my testings so far this is the best lens ever!

Includes everything it came with new. Lens, front cap, rear cap, metal square hood, hood cap, box, warrantee card, and all original packing materials.

Check here for references and latest information: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1090207/

Last edited by Tesselator on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tesselator

Post by Tesselator »

Holy cow, I didn't realize I got mine so cheap!

One I was watching on e-bay. Same lens as mine.

I guess someone could make a quick $1,000 turn-around on this. :O

Craig Gerard

Post by Craig Gerard »

I guess someone could make a quick $1,000 turn-around on this.
And that person could be you \:D/

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

I don't understand why you are selling it.

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

Regarding a sales price of $3,300 for a lens that sold new for $600, five years ago--Tulips, anyone?

--Chris

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

Chris S. wrote:Regarding a sales price of $3,300 for a lens that sold new for $600, five years ago--Tulips, anyone?
At least you can propagate tulips!

Harold

Tesselator

Post by Tesselator »

OK, I planted this lens and watered it. I'm not expecting too much to happen tho. :D

Why I'm selling it is because I can't afford to keep it. I got it with the sole purpose of testing it and then passing it on. Like so: http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... hp?t=16195 . If the prices sky-rocket while it's selling I can't really help that. I'm not out for making big profits or anything like that. I just wanna try everything. If I can do that for nearly free withstanding only the circulating investments then I'm good. I guess it'll be good for whoever buys it too. :)

I put it up for sale before the tests were done because I fully expect it to take a few weeks before it goes. Thus the please take your time remark. ;)

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

Tesselator wrote: If I were to import it to try it I would have to pay 20% VAT and Customs Duty of about 5%, and these also apply to postage cost. (All exempt if you send it to me as a gift!).
I was just quoting the general principle. I don't think UK Customs would accept that it was a gift.

The way I see it, again in general, is this. For a given lens, at a given price (in the price range of lens considered) if I purchased within the EU, and paid to have the mount converted (I use OM), I would still hand over considerably less cash altogether than if I had to pay import tax and duty but not need a conversion.

There have been a number of rare (film camera) items available in the Far East but, for many years, not in Europe. I have been patient and now own those items at a cost acceptable to myself (perhaps not to my wife 8-[ ). (No conversions were involved).

Whoops!I was trying to quote my original post and comment further but seem to have edited it irreversibly.

Harold
Last edited by Harold Gough on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tesselator

Post by Tesselator »

That's not a problem!

It's not even cheating if we both agree that it is indeed a gift. A gift is a gift by simple determination. I give you one and you give me. We've exchanged gifts! Heh, and it's not even christmas! ;)

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

It's not even cheating if we both agree that it is indeed a gift. A gift is a gift by simple determination.
Absolutely NOT SO, I'm afraid. It's not a gift if consideration has passed.

And even then:
•Customs Duty is payable if the value of the gift exceeds £135, but will be waived if the amount of duty is £9 or under.
•Import VAT is payable if the value of the gift exceeds £40.

Note that's VALUE, not price paid.
CUstoms guys do have and use access to the internet!

Tesselator

Post by Tesselator »

ChrisR wrote:Absolutely NOT SO,
You're wrong as consideration will not be passed in the above case, but I don't wish to start a fight with you or anything. So please, let's stop! Thank you for understanding!

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Gift it to me then and I'll send you a tulip.
The tulip is the consideration.
But tax is still to be paid as shown, on the values.

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

ChrisR wrote:But tax is still to be paid as shown, on the values.
If there was evidence of a false price declared I think the levy would be based on a typical price. However, in the case of a genuine bargain it would be on the price paid. In all cases it is the responsibility of the importer, in this case the purchaser, including seeing that the seller makes a correct declaration on any packaging.

(I just made an unintended alteration to my original text but don't think I lost anything important).

Harold

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Excellent, now we're clear on at least a couple of positions regarding how to game the customs forms.

Alas, I suspect it would be stimulating but not productive to continue that particular discussion.

May I suggest a graceful shift to some photography issue instead?

--Rik

Tesselator

Post by Tesselator »

Yeah, if you could delete those posts that would be appreciated!

Everyone should already know about their own country's tax and shipping systems. Discussing such arrangements should be done in private anyway.

An argument like this in someone's sales thread is pretty inappropriate IMO.

I also think it's incredibly inappropriate to discuss relative prices in other peoples sales threads too.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic