Warnham Mill Pond

Do you have a favorite location you like to photograph or collect specimens? Share these locations with your fellow members by submitting each location as a topic.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

gpmatthews

Warnham Mill Pond

Post by gpmatthews »

Here is the outflow (overflow) for the mill pond at my local nature reserve, photographed a few hours ago - a grey miserable day and the pond is high after recent rains. I came back with some water samples, however, so with luck I'll have a look at them this evening.

Graham

Though we lean upon the same balustrade, the colours of the mountain are different.

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

It is the same kind of day here also Graham. Cold (52F) rainy and raw. It is such days as this that make one apprecieate the warm comforts of home. Maybe sitting in a comfortable chair with a good book, the soft warm glow of the lamp casting its golden light across the pages in the quietness of ones home with only the ticking of the clock to mark the time spent, maybe a cup of coffee or, in your case, maybe some tea to sip on. Then again one could retreat to that special place, alone with their thoughts and persue their hobby, if they have one that can be enjoyed indoors.

A beautiful photograph you have given us Graham. I enjoy these and I always see so much life in them. You captured the forcefulness of the water quite well as it flows over and out of the spillway, just think of the dynamics here. Though sometimes the rainy weather gets us down or maybe gets in the way of things we want to do, just think of what our favorite places would be like without it, for with the water comes life in abundance, it is natures way of shaping and caring for her things. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic