Plitvice Lakes National Park

Do you have a favorite location you like to photograph or collect specimens? Share these locations with your fellow members by submitting each location as a topic.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

MacroLuv

Plitvice Lakes National Park

Post by MacroLuv »

The series of 16 bigger and a few smaller lakes, gradually lined up, separated by travertine barriers for which the period of the last ten thousand years was crucial, and which were ruled by ecological relations similar to those of today - suitable for travertine depositing and for the origin of the lakes - are the basic phenomenon of the National Park.

Travertine forming plants, algae and mosses have been and still are playing an important role in their creation, thus making a very sensitive biodynamic system.

Transitive type of climate between coastal and continental with microclimatic diversities makes summer pleasant and sunny, while on the other side winter is relatively long, harsh and snowrich. There are large forestry complexes in the Park area, of which some sections are protected as a special reserve of forestry vegetation due to its primeval characteristics (Corkova uvala virgin forest). Diversity of places and living conditions makes possible for numerous species of plants and animals in watery and terrestrial areas of the Park to develop with no disturbancy.

It should be stressed that all fundamental things that do determine the Park, make a very fragile structural and functional complex, sensitive to natural changes and to incautious human actions.

UNESCO has declared it with all rights as the World's natural inheritance.

All photographs were taken at May 6th 2006.

Notice down there a line of people to figure out about proportions.

Camera model Olympus SP-320
Date/time 06.05.2006/11:45:07
Exposure time 1/200 s
F-number f/5.6
ISO 64
Focal length 15.3 mm

Waterfall

Date/time 06.05.2006/11:55:26
Exposure time 1/250 s
F-number f/5.6
ISO 64
Focal length 13.2 mm

Salmon-trouts in clear fresh water

Date/time 06.05.2006/12:06:39
Exposure time 1/200 s
F-number f/4.9
ISO 64
Focal length 24 mm

At Plitvice Lakes May 6th 2006

The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Stunning photographs and a very interesting narrative. :D I was just wondering as I first looked at your post, if there were any trout in that stream or in the lake, your third image answered that question. Very good photos Nikola, looks like a place that I could spend some time in. :D So tell us...it that you in the last photo? :roll:

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

The first shot, in particular, is awesome!
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

Thanks folks! :D
Yep Ken, me and my little (SP-320) pocket camera in my hands.
The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Wonderful! It is always nice to have a face to place with a post. Nice jacket too! If you get the chance post some more images of this place. Quite a beautiful and interesting area of the world. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic