Hello from Portugal!

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

TiagoThedim

Hello from Portugal!

Post by TiagoThedim »

Hi there!
Tiago from Portugal checking in! I'm a student, currently starting my masters on Systems Engineering and photography is my nr. 1 hobby.

So, why macro and micro photography?
Well, some friend of mine showed me some amazing pictures on flickr. They were taken by Brian Valentine and John Hallmén. As soon as I saw them I knew that's the kind of pictures I wanted to take!
Searching some more, I quickly found two other great photographers: Nikola Rahmé and Javier Torrent.
After spending several hours drooling at their magnificent work, some research was in order. How did they take the pictures? What kind of equipment is involved in making something like this?
Luckily, they all had descriptions of the setup used and some links to this forum.
The prospect of a single-place where all information I needed was to be found was good indeed, however I quickly found myself overwhelmed by the sheer amount! It was as if a full bookcase had fell on top of me!
After struggling for a while, I decided to do some experiments and, of course, register on this forum where I hope I can learn a lot more! :D

And before I forget, here's the link to my flickr.

abpho

Post by abpho »

Welcome to the club.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic