Hello from Liverpool, UK

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

IanClark

Hello from Liverpool, UK

Post by IanClark »

Hi All,

I was directed here by another photographer elsewhere. Must admit, I'd not been aware of this forum.

I'm, 35 a Network surveillance analyst working for a very large media company, got myself the long term partner and little nipper running around :)

Having had a browse through, I am completely and utterly astounded by the images that are being posted here. Indeed, mine will pale massively by comparison.

However, I am still relatively a beginner at Macrography but it's a genre of photography that I absolutely love.

My current Macro setup is a rather old Canon EOS 400D, Sigma 105 which I often combine with 1, 2 or all 3 of my Kenko Ext. tubes. Often my opportunities to shoot are out in the garden where bug life is somewhat limited to typical garden bugs but still, every shot is a shot closer to improving ability :)

I hope at some point to upgrade to a 7D or similar and the god like MPE-65 :)

So, I'll be posting in the beginners macro forum by where I'm sure I'll receive excellent advice etc.

Best regards

Ian
Ian Clark
My Gallery on Smugmug
For Macros, I use my Sigma 105 EXDG and for Landscapes, my Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Ian, welcome aboard! :D You have some nice work in Smugmug. I'm not sure how long the link will work correctly, but the flies and seedheads and spider HERE would fit quite nicely in our regular Nature forum. Certainly no need to post images like those in the Beginner's forum.

--Rik

IanClark

Post by IanClark »

Hi Rik,

Thank you for your reply. Also, very kind of you to offer the suggestions as to where I would post my shots and of course your compliment.

The links stay the same unless I were to re-arrange the gallery.

Well, I look forward to posting some shots and also learning a great deal from everyone here.

Cheers
Ian Clark
My Gallery on Smugmug
For Macros, I use my Sigma 105 EXDG and for Landscapes, my Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic