Ralstonite, Luina, Tasmania...

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

crocoite

Ralstonite, Luina, Tasmania...

Post by crocoite »

Thought it was about time for another post in the micro zone (and time for another mineral pic!). [Looks at watch. Yep. Time.]

This is a mineral called ralstonite (it may even be a distinct new mineral species) and it comes from the Mt Cleveland Mine, Luina, northwest Tasmania. Field of view 4mm.
Last edited by crocoite on Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Looks like a little pyramid Steve. Seems as though you have been at this for a while. Your collection of minerals must be large. :D

crocoite

Post by crocoite »

Ken Ramos wrote:Looks like a little pyramid Steve. Seems as though you have been at this for a while. Your collection of minerals must be large. :D
Hi Ken - somewhere in the region of 6,000 specimens :smt100

This one is not mine though - belongs to a friend who lives in Victoria. I'm just the photo-takin' guy.

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Very nice crystal shot Steve. Only 5950 to go (i`m not sure how many you have posted already). I have about 50 rock & mineral specimens and 1100 insect specimens in my collection.
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Wow! :o You know I don't know about everyone else but your collections, Doug and Steve, would be really nice to see, whole or in part. If you had the time, they would make a great post in the Community Forum. :wink:

The only thing I ever collect is "dust." :(

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic