www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - FOUND: Trinocular head for Nikon Labophot and Questions
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FOUND: Trinocular head for Nikon Labophot and Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xys

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: FOUND: Trinocular head for Nikon Labophot and Questions Reply with quote

I would like to replace the binocular head with a trinocular on my Labophot. According to the manual, eyepiece tube type T, F, or UW would fit. I'm guessing UW has larger diameter eyetubes, and my eyepieces won't fit. I could find next to no information on older Nikon microscopes on the web-- only infinity-corrected Eclipse, etc. There is on ebay a "TT" head, but no information on it (I did contact the seller and he sent me a brochure on the Eclipse); I suspect that the head is for infinity optics.

Thank you for any tips.

Rashid

Last edited by xys on Mon May 23, 2011 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Pau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: WTB: Trinocular head for Nikon Labophot and Questions Reply with quote

xys wrote:
...I'm guessing UW has larger diameter eyetubes, and my eyepieces won't fit....

I don't have specific info about Nikon, but most microscopes use only two eyepiece diameter standards: 23.5mm and 30mm (some stereomicroscopes use 30.5mm). Reducing converters to put 23.5mm in 30mm tubes are usually made by manufactures and aftermarket makers and are not difficult to find.
xys

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pau,

Many thanks for your helpful reply (as always!) I have just bought another Labophot on Ebay that already has a trinocular head for a good price (I think). Once I get it, I'll sell my current one (I don't think I'll lose any money on it).

Again, many thanks!

Rashid
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Exchange All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: