A diatom?

Starting out in microscopy? Post images and ask questions relating to the microscope and get answers from our more advanced users on the subject.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

xys

Post by xys »

lauriek,

Many thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, psychologically it feels a bit "lopsided" for me at this point to put a $600 4x objective on a microscope that I bought for $400 total, including 4 objectives :) . Needless to say, my aims are rather limited even as I do enjoy, and am quite awed by, the incredibly beautiful photos posted in the forum. Before I retired, I did use at work a wonderful microscope with good optics (Zeiss inverted, with Nomarski DIC, epi-fluorescence, etc.) I used it mainly to be able to see what I was doing [poke cells] and for measuring changes in fluorescence and the like, but, unfortunately, it never occurred to me at the time to try to use it to obtain beautiful images :(

Thanks again,

Rashid

lauriek

Post by lauriek »

Sorry I missed the fact you're shooting with a microscope body - in that case the lens I mentioned would be no good anyway as it's an OM Mount lens, not RMS - they did do an older version which was RMS mount and a bit cheaper but also slower aperture so not as good!

xys

Post by xys »

lauriek, thanks for the reply. You reminded me that I do have a small, old 48mm, f/4.5 macro lens with an RMS thread and an iris diaphragm. This might be for use without an eyepiece/projection lens. I'll try it one day and see what I get. Thank you again.

Rashid

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic