Zerene stereo rocking: is exporting source images to another software possible?

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Medwar

Zerene stereo rocking: is exporting source images to another software possible?

Post by Medwar »

In the professional edition of Zerene Stacker there is an option to save (export) aligned source images.
Is there a possibility to do something similar with the images aligned with shift, images that are prepared for frames of stereo rocking sequence?
the goal is to be able to export them to be processed with different stacking software.
I have a strong desire for such a function to experiment with.

I ask this assuming that the key to generating sequence is in "realigning"=shifting the sources, not in the stacking algorithms themselves, but I may be mistaken.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: Zerene stereo rocking: is exporting source images to another software possible?

Post by rjlittlefield »

Your assumption is correct, but no, there is no provision for exporting shifted images.

However, the shifting process is very simple so you might consider implementing it using other tools. The formulas used by Zerene Stacker are shown at https://www.zerenesystems.com/cms/stack ... wing_angle . One detail not mentioned is that Zerene Stacker centers the shifting sequence at the center of the stack. That is, frames at each end of the stack are shifted by plus/minus one half of the computed maximum shift, and all frames in between are shifted by lesser amounts in linear proportion to their position within the stack.

--Rik

Medwar

Re: Zerene stereo rocking: is exporting source images to another software possible?

Post by Medwar »

Thank you!
I made a script for shifting for stereos with python and OpenCV, works great.

mkbn

Post by mkbn »

Medwar wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:39 am
Thank you!
If you feel like sharing it, I loves me some python and opencv and would love to play around some day without attempting a rewrite! No worries, though.

I also forgot (because I only looked a few times to reference a DOF page a long time ago) how sweet the zerene docs pages are for useful info :)

Medwar

Post by Medwar »

mkbn wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:31 pm
Medwar wrote:
Thank you!
If you feel like sharing it, I loves me some python and opencv and would love to play around some day without attempting a rewrite! No worries, though.

I also forgot (because I only looked a few times to reference a DOF page a long time ago) how sweet the zerene docs pages are for useful info :)
Sure, here is the script, it's very short and it does only shifting, the photos have to be aligned beforehand.
https://github.com/Medwar/stereo-stacking

mkbn

Post by mkbn »

Medwar wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:16 am
mkbn wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:31 pm
Medwar wrote:
Thank you!

Sure, here is the script, it's very short and it does only shifting, the photos have to be aligned beforehand.
https://github.com/Medwar/stereo-stacking
Tysm! I hope to play around a bit at some point soon(ish) if life gets less hectic, and I likely wouldn't have gotten around to trying something anytime soon starting from scratch. So, appreciate it!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic