Hi all. Another newbie from Sweden :)

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

aliasant

Hi all. Another newbie from Sweden :)

Post by aliasant »

Soundengineer and Software GUI designer that likes to take pictures of the smaller things in life.. as most of you I guess.

One of the best parts wih photography is using old lenses with my Pentax Kx. I also enjoy taking them apart, cleaning and back again. Finding old broken lenses that I might be able to fix is probably more fun then christmas for a 5 year old.
I also enjoy shooting landscapes and other things but so far I havnt gone all the way to the micro level... yet.
Today I finally grabbed a new EL-Nikkor 50mm 2.8 and once I get it I will start experimenting with it. That was the reason I found this place. Looking for more info about that particular lens.

When I shoot macro I like having the very short dof but sometimes a broader one would have helped the picture.
Adding 2 example pics were 1 shows the short dof working and the other one showing it not really working even though it made an interesting picture. Image

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

It's good to see you here. I too have a wide interest/range of 35mm equipment. Obtaining an X-Pan and a full set of lenses for it in recent years has somewhat diverted my efforts from macro. Also, obtaining powerful telephotos, one only last month after searching for it for years, has given me an interest is those things small in my field of view due to their distance, rather than their actual size. That said, they provided scope for telemacro, by placing a short extension tube behind a long lens. I also have microscopes but have yet to attach a camera.

You may find a range of opinion here about DOF and small creatures. There is some tendency for the entomologists to like to see most or all of an insect in good focus. We also like to see it from various angles. These two preferences (neither a requirement for posting) help to permit species recognition.

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

Craig Gerard

Post by Craig Gerard »

aliasant,

Welcome :)
aliasant wrote:Finding old broken lenses that I might be able to fix is probably more fun then christmas for a 5 year old.
Everyday is Christmas on this forum :o

I enjoyed your images and the shallow depth-of-field in the first example expecially.

Enjoy!

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic