Hi to everybody from a new member in Sweden.

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ulf W

Hi to everybody from a new member in Sweden.

Post by Ulf W »

Hi,

As I finally have come around to become a member in this excellent group, I'd like to present myself.

I live in the southern of Sweden in Malmö, close to the Danish capital Copenhagen

My profession is engineering in electronics and mechanical design.
Mostly I have been working with designing hardware for Quality control test equipment for the optical
media business, used for testing and verifying the quality of CDs, DVDs BDs...
Due to this I have some understanding of optical phenomena.

I have had photography as one of my hobbies for the last three decades. Especially macro photography
has been interesting, but I also do some landscape and panorama photography.

As all macro photographers, sometimes I have found depth of focus a challenge.
When I found out about focus stacking with CombineZ I was very glad.
I got even happier when I found Rik's excellent ZereneStacker and this group.

I am currently collecting and building tools to be able to take good photos suited for focus stacking using
microscope objectives and are very grateful for the way of sharing useful knowledge by the well-informed
members of this group.

I have a setup that works partially, but I'd like to get a bit further in development of it, until presenting it,
or the results, I have gotten so far.

Greetings to all of you!

Ulf Wilhelmson

ChrisLilley

Post by ChrisLilley »

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to seeing your setup and results. Posting of partial setups and 'why doesn't this work' questions are also welcome of course.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Ulf, welcome aboard! :D

We look forward to seeing your photos and equipment, and talking with you about them.

--Rik

Bob^3

Post by Bob^3 »

Hello, Ulf!

Now this is most definitely a coincidence!!! 8)

We come from the same industry, optical media. In fact I have visited the beautiful town of Malmo twice during my career. If you worked for one of the two optical disc companies in Malmo at the time I visited them in the late 1990’s, AD or CDP, we may well have met.

It’s a small world!

Welcome to PMN! :D

Regards,

Bob Cubit
Bob in Orange County, CA

Ulf W

Post by Ulf W »

Hi Bob,

It is a small world, indeed!

We might have met, but I do not remember as my memory for names and persons is terrible. I'm sorry.

I have worked for both companies. CDP 1885-1988 and AD from 1989 until last year.
At AD, in the beginning I was one of the two engineers in the company. We were then designing all the test equipment.
I was responsible for the measurement methodology and most of the hardware design.

Do you remember any names at AD and from where did you come?

Regards

Ulf

Bob^3

Post by Bob^3 »

Oops! Sorry for the late response, Ulf!!!

I somehow missed the PMN reply notification and just found your post.

So your were one of the CATS guys! And I'll bet your co-Eng. was MW?

Probably best to not name names on an open forum (and I may in fact be worse than you at remembering names, especially from 10 years ago!). I'll send you a PM.

But I'll offer two hints to jog your memory, the two main products I worked on: first, the optical disc media coating for Firetrac (Eng. Mngr.)--- later the coated stamper media for the DSR (Dir. of Ops.). I have a very strong feeling you'll remember those (hopefully, not too many negative memories for Firetrac at CDP :wink: !)
Bob in Orange County, CA

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic