How does this one look?

Starting out in microscopy? Post images and ask questions relating to the microscope and get answers from our more advanced users on the subject.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

scitch

How does this one look?

Post by scitch »

I'm a little bit happier with this image than I have been of my past few stacks. In the full-size version, I can zoom in quite a bit before I see too much pixelation in photoshop. I still haven't received my external flash, so the lighting isn't good, but I was just testing to see how using flash would help reduce vibration problems.

This is a ZS stack of 21 images taken with a bellows at 21 cm (sensor to objective tip) with a Leitz 10X EF objective and the pop up flash diffused with two sheets of notebook paper above and below.

I was wondering as I set up . . . if camera lenses have longer working distance when mounted backwards, is the same true of microscope objectives?

Mike

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: How does this one look?

Post by rjlittlefield »

scitch wrote:I was wondering as I set up . . . if camera lenses have longer working distance when mounted backwards, is the same true of microscope objectives?
Nope, doesn't work that way. If you try reversing a microscope objective, typically its focus point will be someplace inside the barrel. Also the quality will be awful because of aberrations. You have to use them the way they're designed.

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic