Nikon TE300 with flash

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RogelioMoreno

Nikon TE300 with flash

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Few pictures of Nikon TE300 with flash:

TE300 with the 100w lamp and cover

TE300 with lamp cover removed and the Nikon flash:

BTW, I am looking for the dust cover that goes under the nosepiece.

Rogelio

Mitch640

Post by Mitch640 »

Nice new toy Rogelio. :)

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Wow! that is, as my kids would say... SWEEEET!

johan

Post by johan »

I am so jealous of folks with dedicated workspaces like this :). Mine is half of a small desk in a room in which child toys outnumber everything else by a factor of 10:1. I used to have a study. Sigh!
My extreme-macro.co.uk site, a learning site. Your comments and input there would be gratefully appreciated.

naturephoto1

Post by naturephoto1 »

Rogelio,

Very nice looking microscope set-up. Enjoy it. I have never worked with an inverted system, how do you like it? In fact, I haven't worked with any microscope at this point for quite some time, when I was in Grad school. but, we did have some nice microscopes.

Rich

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Thank you to all of you for your comments.

Rogelio

Cactusdave

Post by Cactusdave »

Lovely microscope. I'm really very envious. Your method of using a flash is delightfully simple. I don't believe it is as simple to remove the lamp housing on my Diaphot and replace it, without fiddly realignment, but I'll certainly have another look.
Leitz Ortholux 1, Zeiss standard, Nikon Diaphot inverted, Canon photographic gear

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Rogelio, a good looking toy as others said. In second plane I see your sad Nikon upright scope orphaned of condenser and objectives :cry:

I never used an inverted scope and never was atracted by them. Now you have both types and perhaps you may answer some questions

It seems that you are using the same objectives, but usually inverted scopes's ones are designed for "coverglass" correction much thicker, do you place the slide upside down or do you use different objectives?

Apart of looking trough uncovered slides and Petri dishes, what advantages do you find of the inverted over the normal upside microscope?
In general inverted microscope condensers have lower max. NA, and this may limit the resolution at high magnification but here this doesn't matter because you use the same condenser, I think.
With both systems you're getting excellent images.
Pau

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Pau,

Thank you for your questions and comments.
Pau wrote: It seems that you are using the same objectives, but usually inverted scopes's ones are designed for "coverglass" correction much thicker, do you place the slide upside down or do you use different objectives?
Right now I only have objectives for 0.17 coverglass so instead of normal slide I use #1.5 coverglass as my slide and cover it with #1 coverglass.
Pau wrote: Apart of looking trough uncovered slides and Petri dishes, what advantages do you find of the inverted over the normal upside microscope?
With the inverted you can look at specimens that normally like to move or attach at (to) the bottom of the container and you can avoid too much water between the specimen and the glass. For example: the video of the vorticella becoming a telotroch could not be done with an upright at that moment.
Pau wrote: In general inverted microscope condensers have lower max. NA, and this may limit the resolution at high magnification but here this doesn't matter because you use the same condenser, I think.
You are right, I am using the same condenser on both microscope. The condenser has a 0.85 NA lens, I also have a 1.4NA oil condenser lens.

Rogelio

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Thanks Rogelio, all this make sense for me.
Pau

Planapo

Post by Planapo »

Nice! Surely it must be a treat to work with it!

Appears to be quite a whopper of a microscope. Did you have this fine instrument shipped to Panama, or was it a local pickup?
If the former, may one ask what parcel service one can trust with careful shipping of such a precious, delicate but at the same time bulky and heavy item?

--Betty

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Betty,

Thank you for your comments.

The scope was sent from California, USA via UPS ground to Miami, from there my forwarder took care of it. The package was around 75 pounds, I was worry when I received the package because something was moving inside it; but thanks God the scope was without any damage. The key to ship this kind of instrument is to ask the seller to pack it very well and mack to box as fragile.

Rogelio

Protos

Post by Protos »

Hi Rogelio

Do you still use this configuration ? Don't you have issues with the halogen lamp temperature ?
Zeiss Axiophot, transmitted and Fluorescence
BK5000, Transmitted and CP
Wild M20

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Protos,

Yes, I am using the same setup. No issues with tha halogen lamp because when I mount the flash I set the halogen lamp to the lower setting, actually I am using a 12v 50w lamp instead of the normal 12v 100w.

Rogelio

esotericman

Post by esotericman »

Flash around the halogen bulb, and into a DSLR on the side port? I have one of these at work, very nice scopes to work with.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic