Amazon Poison Dart Frog (Dendrobates duellmani)

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

crotermund

Amazon Poison Dart Frog (Dendrobates duellmani)

Post by crotermund »

First, I would like to reintroduce myself to the forum. My name is Craig Rotermund and I have not posted anything for over a year. I am friends with Ken Nelson (Moebius) who has been sharing his Amazon pictures for the last couple months. I was fortunate enough to experience this fantastic adventure with him and with his encouragement have decided to post some pictures of my own.

This particular poison dart frog is a relatively new species (Dendrobates Duellmani) discovered in 1999 and was spotted by Ken as we were returning from our poison dart frog expedition. The frog quickly disappeared into a tree, but our guide with his unwavering determination quickly put his machete to work and located this thumbnail sized creature.

We had a bet about who would spot the most poison dart frogs and this beauty was the rarest of the ones that we saw. After our little photo session with this frog was over Ken proceeded to hum a happy little song that could easily have been titled, “I’m the poison dart frog King.” It was another exciting day.
:D
Craig Rotermund
Canon 30D
Sigma 150mm

Danny

Post by Danny »

Look at the colours on this. Gorgeous frog and well taken. Love to see subjects on fingers, it gives scale. Downright fantastic Craig. Don't worry, I go quite for awhile as well :wink:

Danny.
Worry about the image that comes out of the box, rather than the box itself.

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

Welcome Craig! :D
Very nice thumb nail size frog.
The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

Bruce Williams

Post by Bruce Williams »

...and what a dazzling fanfare of colour to announce your arrival Craig!

All three are exceptional photos - stunning colour and beautiful detail - I especially like his snazzy legwear!

Welcome to the forum (and well done Ken for encouraging you to post).

Bruce

Moebius

Post by Moebius »

What's this? This man is stealing my thunder!! I was going to show that frog today! :evil: :cry:

I am glad Craig has joined the forum once again. His pics are just as good if not better than mine; I just got a leg up on him in processing as all. He put together a wonderful DVD of the entire Amazon trip that I wish we could share. I hope he continues to post his pics.

Ken

crotermund

Post by crotermund »

Thanks a lot everyone. Danny, I remember you well from my earlier days and I'm happy to see you are still around. Sorry, Ken, the timing just seemed too perfect to put this poison dart frog up.

I hope you guys don't get tired of some of the personal notes regarding the Amazon pics because there really are a lot of stories that make the pictures more exciting.
Craig Rotermund
Canon 30D
Sigma 150mm

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Hi Craig, Welcome back to the forums. I only have one question "What took you so long" and "we don`t care if you are posting different shots of the same subject" We just want to see them all. Amazing photos Ken & Craig. DVD????? I would love to have a DVD of these images full size "Willing to PAY :wink: "
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

crotermund

Post by crotermund »

Thanks for the interest, Doug. I can give you a number of excuses as to what took me so long, but they would still just be excuses. I'm glad you don't mind seeing different postings of the same subject also as the similar postings are inevitable with the amount of time Ken and I have spent shooting together. I'll keep you in mind for the DVD in the future, but it isn't quite ready to share publicly, yet.... 8) :wink:

BTW - I spent over a year shooting macro with your exact camera setup and really loved it. It's a great combo.
Craig Rotermund
Canon 30D
Sigma 150mm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic