2 Wild Heerbrugg set-ups

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Tim S

2 Wild Heerbrugg set-ups

Post by Tim S »

Hi all,

I rolled into photomicrography when studying gemology in 2008, bought a wild, fell in love and have been roaming ebay for Wild scopes for 3 years now. The result has been a few real nice photomicrography set-ups.

I'm leaving for a 6 month digging expedition to Australia soon and need cash so I listed a few scopes on ebay thinking that they would sell like hot buns being plug and play units and all... just add a dslr and away you go... I even created a website for these units but it appears I misjudged the market a bit...

Apart from these scopes I have been selling the spare parts I had lying around and boy, do they sell! I've come to the conclusion that the best way to liquefy my scopes is to break up the perfect marriages and sell the individual parts. Nobody seems to be in for complete set-ups but everybody is looking for parts to spice up their own existing scoping experience.

Bottom line: It hurts me to pull 'm apart but it seems I'll have to. Before I'll do that I do want to give you guys a shot of acquiring one of these awesome scopes for cheap. I rather get a bit less for 'm and sell 'm as a set than to break 'm up into components.

So here goes:

Wild M3Z, DSLR ready, with 150W (!!!) bright/darkfield base. - €1600,- ex shipping

This is a great scope on a great base which, with its 150w bulb, will be able to put light through a potato! The optics are in great condition, the microscope body and base have some minor scuffs. With it's wild 10x/21 oculars this scope has a magnification range of 6,4 to 40x
The camera adapter set that comes with this scope consists of a Wild 40/14 ocular holder, Wild 10x photo ocular, after-market adapter tube and a make-shift 0.32x reducer lens holder.

Originally and ideally this last part is a Wild 162226 0.32x adapter but these are rare as and I haven't got 'm anymore. I've rigged up a solution by cutting the front off a Wild MPS camera which fits the adapter tube. This part holds a Wild 0,32x reducer lens. To this top part you can attach a M42 or t-mount ring for your specific camera with the aid of a strong epoxy resin. This is designed as a temporary solution but I guess that once you have it going, you will never bother to get a 162226...

Next:

Wild M400 DSLR ready on a Wild 50W base - €1750,- ex shipping

The M400 was a $15K scope back in the eighties and it shows. The image quality of this scope is still unsurpassed. The built quality of this scope is just insane, it's a tank! Even the newest Leica macroscopes like the z16 don't offer better glass; the M400's n.A. is exactly the same as the new, mighty expensive scopes.

This particular M400 is decked out with super wide field Olympus oculars (10x/23), one of my DSLR adapters and a Wild transmitted light base with an optional darkfield attachment. The optics are in great condition, the microscope body and base have some small scuffs. The 5:1 makrozoom objective and olympus 10x/23 super wide angle oculars give a 6,4 to 32x magnification range. The custom built camera adapter allows the use of a crop frame DSLR with all its advantages. A sturdy M42 x 1mm thread will take a $5,- M42 lens mount ring specific to your camera.

Save the marriages!

(To EU buyers: I (and therefor you) have to pay 19% VAT when you folks buy something of me ( I'm self employed and these scopes are listed on my inventory) unless you can provide a valid VAT number and buy it 'on the business')

Perl

Wild MZ3

Post by Perl »

Hi Tim !

How much for the photo adapter to MZ3 ?

Best Regards
Prä Lundqvist
Sweden
****** Seeing is Believing ******

Tim S

Post by Tim S »

:D I get that question daily...

The whole idea is to keep these sets together... I feel it is such a waste of my time and energy to break them up...

I'll let these units linger for a bit but if they don't sell as sets I'll be breaking them up somewhere in August. I'll give you a buzz when that happens.

Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Here's an alternative set-up for the M400 from above with a different base which needs a new bulb and a power supply. I dunno what bulb or transformer, perhaps that one of you can help with that. It'll probably be a 20W bulb, there is no fan in that base and Wild stuck a fan in it's 50W bases.

Somebody contacted me the other day asking to sell the base advertised above separately. With money coming from that way too I'd take €1450,- for this config. (ex VAT for Europeans)

WW shipping: €65.10 fully insured, registered and all that...
Europe: €31.80

Here's what you would be buying:

Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Final markdown before they become loose components:

M3Z with DI base and camera adapters: €1500,- ex shipping
M400 with rectangular base and camera adapter: €1650,- ex shipping
or M400 with round base and camera adapter: €1350,- ex shipping

WW shipping: €65.10 fully insured, registered and all that...
Europe: €31.80

If they haven't sold by Sunday I'll be breaking them up...

Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Both scopes and the DI base are gone, here's what is still available:

M-series photoport: €400

Wild rectangular transmitted light base with darkfield condenser and polarizing setup: €450,-

M-series FF camera adapter set: €300,-

pm or mail tim@gemologyonline.com for more info.

Tim S

Post by Tim S »

All sold out and I've gone bush :D

Mods: please delete topic...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic