Trichotria ¿? "Euchlanis"

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ernst Hippe

Post by Ernst Hippe »

Hallo Antonio,
very fine pictures, but definitely not a Trichotria. No idea for a good ID, sorry...
Regards Ernst.

Antonio Garrigós Sánchez

Post by Antonio Garrigós Sánchez »

Hi Ernst,

Thanks for the correction, I researched more about the rotifer and I think it can be a Euchlanis dilatata, attached a picture of the appendices for further information.

Ernst thank you very much for your interest.

Antonio Garrigós Sánchez

Quickly correct the error, sorry.

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Antonio,
These are very nice images! It would be great to see your photographs a little larger than 500 pixels across. There's a great deal to look at in these!

Ernst Hippe

Post by Ernst Hippe »

Antonio,
Euchlanis dilatata sounds reasonable. I only do'nt know if this species has the bristles at the foot base typical for other Euchlanis types. Your pictures do not show those.

Antonio Garrigós Sánchez

Hello Ernst,

Searching through the discarded images, I found this one in which perhaps we clarified the type, seems to reveal the two bristles in the foot.

Antonio Garrigós Sánchez

Antonio Garrigós Sánchez

I see that the image size remains the same ... I'm sorry but I'm not doing wrong.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Antonio Garrigós Sánchez wrote:I see that the image size remains the same ... I'm sorry but I'm not doing wrong.
Your posts are using the URL for the "Medium 500" size at Flickr, so your images show up here only 500 pixels wide.

If you use the URL for one of the larger sizes, then it will show up here larger too. For example your last image could use http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3272/575 ... 754c_b.jpg , which would then show up here as 1024 x 768 pixels.

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic