New Changes!!

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

twebster

New Changes!!

Post by twebster »

Hi y'all, :D

For a few months now I have been self-employed as a photographer. This simply means I have the privilege of working 24/7/365 :!: :shock: :D Because of this my participation in our community has been minimal and I have not been able to devote my full attention to editing the site. So, it is my pleasure to announce that my ownership and editorial duties will transfer over the next few weeks to...

Rik Littlefield :D

We all know Rik and his almost daily contributions to our community. I have full confidence that Rik has all the necessary skills, knowledge, and foresight to transition in as a fine editor and owner. Let's all give Rik a big hand :!: :smt038

This doesn't mean I'm going away for good. You can't get rid of me that easy :!: :D

The second big change...The Member Galleries have been removed due to lack of participation.

Best regards to all as always, :D
Tom Webster

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

The worst day photographing dragonflies is better than the best day working! :)

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

All the best in your new venture Tom, I hope it is a success for you. Not sure self-employment is as wonderful as people seem to think though. I have been self-employed all but 1 year of my working life since I was 15, and am still working at 65. I doubt I would bother being self-employed next time around because I would have either been made redundant with statutory redundancy pay, or have retired by now if I was an employee, and probably on a better pension too! :lol:

Anyway I hope all goes well for you, and at least you are doing what you like.

DaveW

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

I once read that if one does not to the fullest extent use their God given talents, they will soon be forever lost and the loss will be great. So do all you can, never settle for 100% but demand 110% of yourself, life is short. King Solomon, in his wisdom said; "In all that you do, do it with all your might and with all your strength. For what profit is there, in the grave to where thou goest?" Sounds like good advice to me. Good luck and all the best in your venture(s) Tom. :D

Carl_Constantine

Post by Carl_Constantine »

This is great news all around. Congrats Rik!
Carl B. Constantine

Bill D

Post by Bill D »

So the patients are running the asylum now? I have been to busy to visit here as much as I wanted to... and the whole place goes to H#@L! LOL Just kidding! Rik will be a great Admin.
Bill

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

I forgot to say congratulations earlier Rik!

DaveW

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

It's nice to do a job you like the most, Tom. :D
How much you paid yourself, now when you are self-employed? :lol:
Many great new photographs appears on your web site.
Congratulations to new chief Rik. :D
The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Congratulations, Rik! Just think, now that you are boss, you can pay yourself whatever you want! :-)
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Moebius

Post by Moebius »

Congratulations Rik! Though I would demand a doubling of whatever salary Tom received.

Ken

twebster

Post by twebster »

Congratulations Rik! Though I would demand a doubling of whatever salary Tom received.
Let's see...

$0 x 2 = $00

...seems appropriate :!: :D
Tom Webster

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

The worst day photographing dragonflies is better than the best day working! :)

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

As a computer geek, I can't help noticing that $0/$0 = NaN (not-a-number).

In other words, taking on this role is priceless! :lol:

More seriously, thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

It'll take me a while to figure out which way is up with the editor/admin role, but rest assured that I'll do my best to keep the forums running smooth, inviting, and friendly -- just like they are now!

It's a pleasure to be with you all. :D

--Rik

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Hail to the King Baby!! (old Duke Nukem saying, if your a true computer geek, you will know who he is). I am here to serve you Rik. Congradulations :smt038
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

beetleman wrote:...King Baby...
Um, isn't there supposed to be a comma in there someplace? <begin childlike whine> I like it better with the comma... I want my comma back!

(Now where is that lying-down-flailing-arms-and-kicking-heels emoticon, anyway?) :wink:

--Rik

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Or maybe King Baby should be the one having a tantrum because he didn't get his comma? (grinning ducking and running...).
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Danny

Post by Danny »

Yeah you better hang around M8t or I'm coming to get ya :lol: Sounds like you have been kind of busy Tom, actually sounds like great news with what you are up to, good on ya :wink:

Well it has to be someone that knows what they are doing for sure, so Rik is obviously a good choice. Welcome Rik :D , anything we can do, just let us know. I'll try not to be so quite :roll:

All the best Tom and Rik :D

Danny.
Worry about the image that comes out of the box, rather than the box itself.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic