Wanted: Macro Prime Lens

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

DrLazer

Wanted: Macro Prime Lens

Post by DrLazer »

Hello,

I am after a lens to use in the field for my u4/3 camera. At the moment it is only setup for stacking with a reversed 50mm prime.

I have some basic requirements for the lens:

- Dedicated Macro lens, not a zoom macro or a tele lens with a macro switch.
- Manual focus
- Manual aperture control or fixed aperture
- Filter thread present, unless it offers 2.5:1 without diopters
- Ideally something that offers a resonable focal distance so I can use it in the field without poking stuff right in the face.

Been looking around at stuff on ebay but not manged to find much. It seems to be littered with Macro Zoom lenes that offer about 1:4 out the box .... who buys those things?

I have noticed members on this forum using lenses made specifically for bellows like a Mikrotar or Luminar lenses. I'm not sure I know whats going off with those lenses, but I should imagine they are designed for high magnification only so would be sharp.

If you have somehting that you think would meet my requirements, please do get in touch. I would consider most options.

Cactusdave

Post by Cactusdave »

With the appropriate adapter, this high quality macro prime will work very nicely on your micro 4/3 and give you reasonable working distance. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-100mm-f-4-M ... 2562c80508
Leitz Ortholux 1, Zeiss standard, Nikon Diaphot inverted, Canon photographic gear

dunksargent

Post by dunksargent »

A micro four thirds camera is capable of using most legacy 'marque' manual focus macro lenses and there are probably at least 50 to choose from dating back to the mid 70s . All should be usable in aperture priority and on my Panasonic G1 stopping down the lens does not alter live view screen brightness. All you need is the necessary adaptor but bear in mind that the angle of view with micro four thirds is such that the lens' focal length appears to double - thus 50mm on micro 4/3 will result in the same angle of view as 100mm on full frame 24mm x 36mm. In the UK dealers have lots of legacy macro lenses on offer at bargain prices eg 55mm micro Nikkor circa mid 1970s for less than £60 ... and Canon 50/3.5 macro for the same price.

dunk
And now for something completely different.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic