Sigma 105 macro

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Buster6X6

Sigma 105 macro

Post by Buster6X6 »

Hi everyone
From my film days I still have Sigma 105f2.8 macro lens that I would like to use with my new Canon T2i. When I installed the lens it does not work. I was told that some Sigma lenses have a problem with the electronic chip? Would replacing the chip solve the problem?
Thanks in advance
Greg

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Can you tell us more precisely what the symptoms are?

--Rik

Buster6X6

Post by Buster6X6 »

The symptoms are : I usually shoot at A V ,I put on the lens nothing works there is no display in the view finder but when I put it on auto some values appear in the view finder and AF motor goes zoom-zoom but it looks it is no end point makes some crackling sound. I can't even use it on M mode.
Thanks Greg

Mitch640

Post by Mitch640 »

I have a T1i and a Sigma 105/2.8 DG Macro and it works fine. I have heard about this problem with the T2i though and other newer canon cameras. If I remember right, a trip to Canon can fix this, which seems backwards to me. Canon has always claimed they don't make cameras to work with the competition lenses. Anyway, call Canon first.

Buster6X6

Post by Buster6X6 »

Thanks
I did send email to Sigma and ask them if there was an issue with T2i. I'll see tomorrow if they will answer. It is a shame because I have not use this lens more then ten times in last six years. It would be a good compliment to my Tamron 180 3.5.

Greg

Mitch640

Post by Mitch640 »

Being a cynic, and hearing that the newer Canon bodies were not working well with some aftermarket lenses, I just took it for Canons effort to force people to buy Canon lenses. :)

Buster6X6

Post by Buster6X6 »

Sigma Canada told me today to send the lens in ,postage prepaid and $120

Greg

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic