Zerene stacking metods

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

soldevilla

Zerene stacking metods

Post by soldevilla »

I'm sure this question has been asked many times this forum. Sorry, I could not find the answer.

I normally use helicon focus, but can not get smooth transitions and I have a lot of reworking to cover areas that appear as "rivers" between areas focused when there are differences in height.

I have download the trial version of Zerene and I'm testing and I like the result, but with the stacking method DMAP, which seems to offer me more clearly, do not get that I look "granular" at any threshold. .. Can anyone tell me I'm doing wrong?

Another thing that I find very useful is to apply a flat to remove dust from the chip and even vignetting, but can not find how to do. Can not we do?

Thanks!

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: Zerene stacking metods

Post by rjlittlefield »

soldevilla wrote:I have download the trial version of Zerene and I'm testing and I like the result, but with the stacking method DMAP, which seems to offer me more clearly, do not get that I look "granular" at any threshold. .. Can anyone tell me I'm doing wrong?
Sorry, but I do not understand these words. Can you post an image that shows what you are getting?
Another thing that I find very useful is to apply a flat to remove dust from the chip and even vignetting, but can not find how to do. Can not we do?
There is no flat-field correction or dust-removal in the current version of Zerene Stacker.

--Rik

soldevilla

Post by soldevilla »

Sorry for my English, sometimes the google translator is not very helpful ...

I have deleted my pictures that produced the defect, sorry. The problem was that in a low contrast image I could not find a value for "contrast Thereshold Setting" that does not produce what you call "junk. " If the problem reoccurs I get on this post.

About using flats, is very useful when there is a combination of a long time camera without lens, and a photographer a little pig ... like me.Image

In pictures of planets I have found that sometimes soft stack the images on the chip dust instead of the image, because the dust is more contrasted ...

Thanks!

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

soldevilla wrote:The problem was that in a low contrast image I could not find a value for "contrast Thereshold Setting" that does not produce what you call "junk. "
If this happens again, try increasing the Radius settings at Options > Preferences > DMap settings. The default values of 5 and 2 are good for high contrast sharp images, like desktop pictures of flowers. But for low contrast images that probably are not so sharp either, try 20 and 10. You will have to try different values. There is no good way to predict what will work best.
About using flats, is very useful ...
Flat field correction and defect removal (dust and hot pixels) is on the list for future improvements.

--Rik

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Flat -?? Almohadilla de limpieza??

soldevilla

Post by soldevilla »

Because is difficult for me explain in english a thing that I not understand in spanish :D better if you search in google "apply flat astronomy" or similar.

like this... http://www.astrosurf.com/comolli/flatfield2.htm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic