Maybe Not as Innocent as it Looks

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ken Ramos

Maybe Not as Innocent as it Looks

Post by Ken Ramos »

I know some of you have bound to have seen those movies about toys or figures that come to life late in the night with sinister notions on their evil little minds. Following Carls lead, after reviewing his post on the Christmas goodies found in his stocking of which I thought went out of style in the 1700's :-k I decided to do a little figure shooting of my own. I like the way the shadows cover the rightside of the image with the eye still glaring prominately and the deep "blood" red lips and quirkly little smile, the innocent but yet unseemingly sinister look on the face. I'm sure Hitchcock would like to present this. :roll:

If you hear a rustling in the night and the soft shuffling sound of little feet across the bedroom floor, stiffle the scream, as not to wake the neighbors. :shock:

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Looks like he is ready to wack you with the rod in his hand. I never held my fishing rod like that :shock: One of those "Twilight Zone" creepy dummies :wink: I agree, the lighting makes the mood.
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Actually I had not planned on the lighting to be such, it was quite by accident due to the flash having been set to where it would hit the figure from the side. The shadow really went right down the middle of the face, I think the image would have had maybe a bland look had it not had the shadows, now that I think of it. Oh well, just mess'n round. Thanks Doug! :D

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

"Fishing rod"?! And here I thought it was a whip! :twisted:

--Rik

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Rik said:
"Fishing rod"?! And here I thought it was a whip! :twisted:
If you have ever been accidentally hit by one of these...same thing! :lol: A fishing buddy of mine was trying to free his line one day from a poorly executed cast and instead of reaching up and grabbing the fly line he pulled back on the rod. Yep, you guessed it. The tippet broke, the fly stayed in the tree, and me (dummy) standing behind him, felt the wrath and sting of a 9' 4 wt. 4pc. flyrod across the side of my face. :shock: Yeah, I guess you could definitly call it a "whip!" :lol: My sister gave that little figure to me for Christmas one year. Actually I quite like it and it looks nice sitting on my tying bench. Thanks Rik :D

Carl_Constantine

Post by Carl_Constantine »

I'm just glad I could inspire some greats like y'all. Nice Image Ken. I also like the shadow detail in this image. It really does set the mood. I'm with Rik though, I thought it was a whip at first, then I saw the bait basket and realized it was a fishing rod.

Keep'em coming!
Carl B. Constantine

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Yep, it's a fly rod Carl, thanks! :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic