www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Georgetsmurf intro
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Georgetsmurf intro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends
View previous topic :: View next topic  
georgetsmurf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Georgetsmurf intro Reply with quote

Hi. I thought I better say a bit about myself as I have only just joined the site. I have been photographing one way or another since about 1963. Those with a flair for mathmatics could work out how old or young I am from that hint. I have done quite a bit of general macro stuff but not much through the microscope-all that is about to change. I had a denial period where I had difficulty accepting digital however now it is almost the only way to go (I still do some stuff on film). I have a modest background in evolutionary biology and ecology (a degree B.Sc. wollongong Uni NSW Australia) I have published some very basic microscope images in mine and other peoples research papers. I have a degree in Architectural design Science-Lighting Engineer. I am semi retired as a little bit compromised health wise but generally OK. I generally prefer to use Nikon stuff. I ran a mechanical camera repair business for a few years and found Nikon to be the most reliable, long lasting and consistant. Maybe I am a little biased in that regard. Anyhow, hello and good to be on board. By the way don't rack your brains trying to work out why the SMURF. It is a connection between myself and my children.[/img]
Craig Gerard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George,

Welcome Smile

Craig
ChrisLilley

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

Biology plus lighting science plus Nikon repair sound like an excellent background training for some photomacrography or photomicroscopy Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: